More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Happy WIP Wednesday

Its Wednesday!  Aren't you excited its Wednesday?  I am because that means its WIP Wednesday and I can show you what I've been up to!


Stitching Forever
Lizzie*Kate
Stitched on: Goldspinner 28ct Linen from Silkweavers
Stitched with a combination of recommended threads and DMC cotton

First of all I had a Happy Dance on late Monday night.  Since I had just posted some ornaments I wasn't going to overwhelm you with another post.  This chart was a travelling pattern on one of the Facebook groups I'm part of.  It was a super quick stitch, I started it on Saturday but I didn't reallly stitch much all weekend.  I slept a lot and I even asked Todd to take me out fishing!  If I had put my mind to it and got my stitch on, I probably could of stitched this in a day!  This LK was a little tough to photograph for some reason, just imagine the yellow fabric being richer and deeper.


Now onto what I'm stitching NOW!  I didn't really have the heart to pick up something big just yet, so I pulled out an ornament I had started at the end of July.  When I got my copy of the Just Cross Stitch Ornament Preview Issue I just had to start Stained Glass Holly by Ink Circles.  I had stitched their Tree a few years ago for an exchange... I'm thinking I need to stitch it again, for myself.

Here's a few pictures from my day out fishing with Todd...

Todd was teaching me a little fineness fishing, learning how to "wacky rig"

Bass fishing!


If you'd like to see more of my stitching pictures as I work on pieces, start following me on Instagram @tkd_chick I'm having a lot of fun with it!

19 comments:

Kaisievic said...

I love stitching forever, it is so bright and happy. The motto is a good one to follow, too. The fishing looked like fun, too.

Barb said...

That looks like it will be one tasty fish!The stitching is great. What a cute motto!

Anonymous said...

Todd is a very lucky man....having a SO that will go fishing too.

Love the stained glass ornament. It reminds me of coloring when I was a kid and making the outlines VERY dark black so they would stand out even more.

Jackie's Stitches said...

You look like quite the fisherwoman!

Congrats on your finish. You WIP ornament made me wonder if I'd picked up the preview issue....gotta go check!

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finish and start Dani. Nice fish.

Linda

Suz said...

OMG - I love that L*K! And I keep thinking about picking up the JCS issue just for the Ink Circles ornie!

EvalinaMaria said...

What a catch! Congrats on the finish and a new start and a big fish!

Annette-California said...

Congrats on your lovely finish and pretty new start. Nice bass you caught!
love Annette

cucki said...

Oooo what a catch..
Sweet stitches and lovely fun day xx

Vickie said...

I love that LK! ;)
You are going to love the new JCS ornament issue then! =)

Unknown said...

Lovely work xx

Sally said...

Love your LK finish! Brilliant saying!

Very pretty new start. This one called to me too so maybe I should start it too.

Looks like you enjoyed the fishing :)

Anne said...

Great looking fish Dani! I missed out on fishing this year...maybe next year. Love your ornaments you have been stitching lately :D

Julie said...

Lovely LK finish.
Loving the stained glass start, I do like those kind of designs.
Nice catch!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Yellow is so hard to photograph, it just washes out if you get too close. She said speaking from the recent experience of this week!

Love the Ink Circles piece. I have both those designs on my ever-growing wish list.

Carol said...

Nice catch, Dani! I'm sure Todd loved having a fishing partner along :)

Love your LK finish, too--what a great motto!

Lulu said...

Beautiful Lizzie Kate finish and love your new ornament start!

Brigitte said...

A great new finish - with a wonderful slogan. I'll stick to it, too, lol.

Annette said...

Beautifull WIPs.
That big of a fish!! My first was so small. Lol.
Have fun!!